Rules for the authors
«Bulletin of Omsk SAU» publishes authors’ materials having basic scientific value, which had not been previously published, prepared due to high standards and representing results of scientific research. The contents of articles have to reflect novelty and completeness of results of research, be relevant and experimentally approved.
The material represented in the article is to be more than 85% original and this is checked using Antiplagiat software system. Articles should be 6-10 pages long (A4 sheet), including applications, the references list and the information in English. The electromic version should have *.doc, *.docx or *.rtf extension.
Font should be Times New Roman, size 12pt, line spacing — 1,0, margins: left and right – 2,5 cm, top and bottom – 3,0 cm, paragraph indent – 1 cm, text alignment – justified, no hyphenation, no page numbering.
- On the first page should be:
– universal decimal code (UDC) – in the left top corner, without paragraph indent. One line is skipped.
– surnames and initials of all the authors in Russian – through a comma in italics, alignment – left-justified, without paragraph indent.
– full name of the organization, the city – next line, italics, alignment – left-justified. One line is skipped.
– the title of the article in Russian (BOLD TYPE, CAPITAL LETTERS) reflecting article’s contents (no more than 10 words), alignment — center. In the title the use of shortenings, except conventional ones isn’t allowed. One line is skipped.
– abstract in Russian 200-250 words long, but no more than 2000 symbols. The structure of the abstract should briefly reflect the structure of the work. The prologue should be concise. It is necessary to present the research objective, methods, results (with reduction of numeric data if those are present at article), to formulate conclusions accurately. The place of a research is specified within a region. The abstract shouldn’t be subdivided, the use of parenthesis and idioms is forbidden. Personal contribution of the author shouldn’t be emphasized. Numerals should be expressed by numbers if they aren’t the first word in the line. Abbreviations (for example, names of institutions) without interpretation and difficult elements of formatting (for example, the top and lower indexes) should not be used.
The abstract can be published independently and, therefore, has to be clear without addressing the text of the article. The possibility of inclusion of the relevant article in AGRIS DB is defined by quality of the abstract and its translation.
– keywords in Russian (no more than 9 words or phrases). The line starts with «Keywords:» in italics and then keywords are given separated by a comma. One line is skipped.
- The text of the article should be structured, using subtitles of appropriate sections: introduction, objects and methods, experimental part, results of research, results and their discussion, conclusion or conclusions; list of references.
Division of article into following 4 sections is allowed:
— Materials and methods
— Results of researches (Results and their discussion, Discussion of results)
Subtitles and headings should be in bold type, alignment ‑ center, without paragraph indent. Numbering of references in the text is in the order of sources mentioned.
- After the main text of the article one line should be skipped and the word «References» should be typed in italics and center-aligned.
After one line skipped the numbered list of references should be placed.
The list of references (not less than six sources) is arranged according to GOST 7.1-2003 and requirements of the journal, carefully verified by authors and provided in the end of article. Numbering of references in the list is given according to order of their mentioning in the text (not in alphabetical order). The first word of the name of the source or a full name of the author is italicized (see requirements of the journal. Examples of bibliographic descriptions). References to literature in the text are given in square brackets, for example, . It is necessary to specify only one source of information in one point of the list.
Excessive self-citing isn’t allowed. It is recommended to refer no more than to 2 articles of each author.
4.After one line skipped information about the authors is provided as follows: surname, name, middle name completely, academic degree, academic status (if the author doesn’t have either a degree or a rank, the position should be given), reduced name of the organization, e-mail of the author.
- After one line skipped information in English is provided:
– surname and initials of the authors. Alignment left-justified, italics.
– the name of the organization, the city. Alignment left-justified, italics. One line is skipped.
– the title of the article in English (only the first word capitalized). Alignment center-justified, bold type. One line is skipped.
- The abstract in English is provided. Authors bear full responsibility for the quality of translation, both word-by-word and machine translation isn’t allowed. Editors will decline the articles with low-quality translation.
- Keywords is typed. Alignment left-justified, italics. Keywords or phrases in English are listed then after a colon. One line is skipped.
- Transliterated list of references. The heading «References» should be in italics. The transliteration is carried out according to GOST P 7.0.34-2014 and GOST 7.79-2000. On the website http://translit.ru/ it is possible to use free of charge program of transliteration of a Russian text into Latin (GOST 7.79-2000 format). One line is skipped.
- Information about the authors in English is provided: full name completely, academic degree, academic status (if the author doesn’t have either a degree or a rank, the position should be given), reduced name of the organization, e-mail of the author.
- Drawings for the article should be accurately made, possess high quality, visually illustrating the text. All drawings are carried out in black-and-white scale. In the text of the article the references to the submitted drawings should be present. Numbering of drawings is made as references in the text. The numerical heading is given in italics with center-justified alignment. Thematic heading in the same line, right after the numerical one (for example: Fig. 1. Dependence …). The reference to the drawing in the main text should be in brackets: (fig. 1). If the drawing has a big size, it should be placed on a separate page, if it has a considerable width the page should have landscape orientation.
- Tables are submitted in MS WORD format. Numbering of tables is made as references in the text. In the text of the article the references to all submitted tables should be specified. The numerical heading is in italics with right-justified alignment(for example: Table 1). The thematic heading is capitalized and in bold type with center-justified alignment, no full stop. The reference to the table in the main text should be in brackets, for example: (tab. 1). If the table is large, it can be placed on a separate page, if it has a considerable width the page should have landscape orientation.
- Simple formulas which do not include special characters (which are absent from the keypad) shall consist of the characters from the keypad without use of special editors. The formulas containing special characters (which are absent from the keypad) and also difficult and multiline formulas shall be presented in the format of Microsoft Equation 3.0. A formula should not be done partially by characters and partially in an equation editor. It is not recommended to insert a formula into the text as a picture. The reference to formulas in the text should be in brackets, for example, (1). In the text the references to all provided formulas shall be specified.
If formulas are numbered in the text of the article, then this numbering should be typed manually. Automatic numbering is not allowed.
Sample design of an article
- For publication of an article the editorial board requires:
– electronic version of the article. It is necessary to name the file of the article by last name of the original author;
– the printed copy of the text of the article which is strictly corresponding to the electronic version;
– the information about authors issued according to Application 1. The electronic version and the printed copy with signatures of authors. An asterisk marks a surname of the corresponding author;
– the covering letter addressed to the editor-in-chief of on the form of the sending organization with the inference about the relevance of the research work and recommendations to publication, with the signature of the principal of the organization (Application 2a). For the staff of the university the cover letter is written according to Application 2b.
We draw the attention of authors to the fact that articles we accept should belong to either of the following six areas:
- Agricultural sciences.
- Biological sciences.
- Veterinary sciences.
- Technical science.
- Economic and social humanities.
The subject of the articles on technical, economic and social humanities areas shall include aspects of agriculture.
– the peer review of the article from the external reviewer (an experts with academic degree of a doctor or candidate of science having the most close to the article subject scientific specialization) certified by a stamp. The author or the coauthor of the reviewed article cannot be the reviewer.
- The paper versions of the articles which are to be published will not be returned. The publication of articles in the journal is free for post-graduate students.
Editorial board has the right to decline the articles which don’t meet the present requirements and also the right for reproduction of materials (publication, replication) without restriction of circulation.
Manuscripts of the articles are exposed to editorial processing. Editorial board has the right to make changes having editorial character and not affecting the contents of the article.
All articles are submitted to peer reviewing (expert assessment) by results of which the editorial board makes the final decision on expediency of publication.
Legal and other responsibility concerning the contents of articles is born by authors.
Articles sent to edition without implementation of the main requirements to the published articles aren’t considered.
In case of a rejection of the article the editorial board sends a motivated refusal to the author.
Copies of the review are sent to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation at receipt in the editorial office of the edition of the corresponding inquiry.
The royalties in the journal aren’t paid for the publication of articles.
The printed version of the article and originals of covering documents can be sent to the following address: 644008, Omsk, Institutskaya Square, 1, Omsk SAU, editorial office of the Bulletin of Omsk State Agrarian University.
For all the questions concerning articles’ publication please contact:
Phone 8 (3812) 65-10-54
Rodomazova Elena Vladimirovna